After our weekly Zoom check-in this past week, we learned things hadn't changed much for the TIBCO-Silicon Valley Bank team. Our riders are settling into the new norm - training indoors, adjusting goals, and doing what they can to flatten the curve. In this week's edition of the Lockdown Lowdown, Diana Peñuela shares her daily meditation routine, Sarah Gigante teaches how to bake delicious whole-wheat bread, and Kristen Faulkner gives us a 30-minute trainer workout.
This Saturday at 10 a.m. PST, join us for a virtual ride! We're tackling stage 1 of the Joe Martin Stage Race with RTGcycling. More details can be found below.
A healthy mindset: finding morning peace
Diana starts her day doing conscience breathing, first abdominal and then working up to lungs. After finding her rhythm, and having full concentration, she starts to relax the entire body, part by part, starting from head and working down to the toes, feeling each part that she wants to relax.
At home workout routine
Each week we will share with you an indoor training routine from one of our riders. Our goal is to give you ideas that require minimal equipment.
This week’s workout is: “30 minute trainer intervals” by Kristen Faulkner
1) Warm up 10 minutes - easy (zone 1)
2) Repeat 4 x 30 sec hard (zone 4) x 30 sec moderate (zone 2-3)
3) 1 minute easy (zone 1)
4) Repeat 4 x 1 min hard (zone 4) x 30 sec moderate (zone 2-3)
5) 1 min easy (zone 1)
6) Repeat 3 x 45 sec all out (zone 5+) x 15 sec easy (zone 1)
7) Cool down 7 minutes. (zone 1)
This week's healthy recipe
Whole-wheat bread by Sarah Gigante
Prep time 30 min. Cook time 40 min.
- 4 cups (520 grs) whole wheat flour
- 1 packet (11gr) Instant yeast (1 tbsp)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 2 cups (480 ml) warm water
1) Add the flour to the mixing bowl with the yeast and salt and mix together.
2) Dissolve the maple syrup in the warm water and then add to the dry ingredients.
3) MIx- don't knead- until you have a sticky well combined dough.
4) Transfer to greased 9 x 5 loaf pan. You can also line the bottom with parchment paper if you think there will be any chance of it sticking
5) Cover and leave to rise for 20 minutes.
6) While the dough is rising, pre heat the oven to 390F (200C)
7) After the 20 minutes when the dough has risen, bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
8) It will keep for two days in a closed container.
Join us for a virtual ride!
When: Saturday April 11th 10 a.m. PST.
Where: A 40km ride on Stage 1 of the Joe Martin Stage race including the infamous Devil’s Den Climb.
How: RGTCycling. You’ll need a bike with a powermeter or a smart trainer.
Head to RGTcycling.com, download the apps (available for computer, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, etc.) and use this link to sign up for the ride.